We are run by a voluntary management committee which is made up of past and present parents. All parents are welcome to join and support the running of the Pre-School by being involved with the production and evaluation of the policies and procedures, staff appointments, financial decisions and fund raising.
If you would like to attend please speak to our manager or any committee member.
Management Committee Roles
The management committee is made up of 4 roles – Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer and Secretary.
All management committee members are trustees of the pre-school charity. One member of the management committee will have regular meetings with our manager (at a mutually agreeable time).
The management committee meet as and when required, in addition to the regular committee meetings.
An important part of the committee’s work is fundraising. As a registered charity we have a fantastic team of parents who help with our fundraising every year and we would love you to help. Please let our manager or the committee know you are interested.
One way you can help is by using our easy fundraising page every time you shop.
If you already shop at places like Argos, Next, John Lewis etc then simply click the link to our East Fundraising page first and we receive a free 15% donation from your sale.
To start raising money click on the button below:
The main responsibilities of each position are shown below.
- Overall responsibility for pre-school
- Delegates tasks where appropriate
- Chairs committee meetings and AGM
- Liaise between committee members
- Conducts managers appraisal
- Supports chair person as required
- Responsible for day to day banking and transaction recording
- Liaise with accountants to produce financial accounts for companies’ house & charities commission
- Pays staff wages and tax office each month
- Advise committee on current financial position at each committee meeting
- Advise when required on financial position to enable committee to make decisions regarding purchasing new equipment etc.
- Take minutes at AGM and committee meetings and distribute
- Read minutes from previous meetings at AGM and committee meetings
- Liaise with charities commission
- Communications with parents by e-mail, flyers, posters regarding committee activities e.g. fundraising, coffee mornings etc