At Cullingworth Pre-School the standard of care and education that your child receives is very important to us. We are informed by the curriculum guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage. We provide a wide range of activities and our emphasis is on learning through play.
The curriculum is divided into 7 areas of learning.
3 Prime Areas
- Personal, social and emotional
- Physical development
- Communication and language
4 Specific Areas
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Benefits to your child
- Learning through play.
- Develops self-confidence, independence and social skills.
- Supports the child to develop relationships with peers and adults.
- Children learn how to be part of a group.
- Links with local village primary school to supports a smooth transition to school.
- Early Years teaching delivered by fully qualified staff.
We encourage and support parents to be actively involved in their child’s Pre-School learning experience, we welcome parents’ views and ideas. We are run by a voluntary management committee which is made up of past and present parents. All parents are welcome to join and support the running of the Pre-School by being involved with the production and evaluation of the policies and procedures, staff appointments, financial decisions and fund raising.